March 24, 2020
At Liberty Coca-Cola Beverages, we stand in solidarity with everyone who has been impacted by this unprecedented novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and our gratitude goes out to everyone working to help those in need.
As directed by governors across all states we serve, Liberty is recognized as an essential business and our facilities are to continue operating. We have a special responsibility during this time to provide water, juice, milk and other products to area hospitals, pharmacies, and grocery stores.
In doing so, the health and safety of our associates has been and will always be our highest priority. To protect our employees, we have been following all CDC, OSHA, and National Safety Council guidelines, as well as implemented the following precautionary measures:
- Created a Coronavirus triage hotline that is managed by our medical partners. We encourage employees and call this hotline at any time if they if they are feeling ill or have other Coronavirus questions/concerns.
- Required employees to stay home if they are sick and allowing expanded use of sick time and other paid time off options.
- Provided additional financial assistance for frontline associates.
- Increased access to disinfecting products and personal sanitation supplies for individual workspaces and equipment, and will procure more as they become available.
- Implemented increased cleaning and sanitizing routines across all facilities, including production and sales centers, warehouses, and other office spaces.
- Launched detailed and regular communication campaigns surrounding personal hygiene.
- Implemented social distancing protocols for associates working in our facilities.
- Suspended non-essential travel, in-person meetings, and visits from outside guests.
- Implemented split shifts in our warehouses to control the amount of interaction between employees.
- Facilitated no-contact deliveries with our customers.
- Established daily internal coronavirus taskforce meetings.
We are also working collaboratively with leaders across the Coca-Cola system to identify and mitigate potential disruptions to our operations. Any decisions we make will be heavily informed by guidance from federal, state, and local public health officials, and we will adjust our protocols and procedures as necessary.
This is a new experience for all of us. Our actions are designed to help protect our employees, while still serving our customers and communities at the highest levels. We would especially like to commend all associates and their families for their commitment during this unprecedented moment. Coca-Cola has served customers and consumers in Liberty’s markets for over 130 years, and we will work through this pandemic together.
Liberty is grateful for our associates, customers, communities and business partners as we collectively try to navigate these uncertain times and support one another.
We would especially like to commend all associates and their families for their commitment during this unprecedented moment. Coca-Cola has served customers and consumers in Liberty’s markets for over 130 years, and we will work through this pandemic together.